There are a multitude of ways to help Planned PEThood of Georgia!
Your donations are what keeps Planned PEThood helping so many dogs and cats. Whether it is cash or product or services, there is no donation too small. Keep reading to learn about other ways you can help!
To mail a donation, send checks to: Planned PEThood 2860 Buford Hwy Duluth, GA 30096
Planned PEThood is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (Tax ID 90-0516757), and donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Foster care is a rewarding experience. Because we do not operate a shelter, the number of pets we can help is limited by the number of foster homes we have available to care for them. The more foster homes willing to provide rescued pets a temporary, loving home, the more animals we are able to save. It’s a small investment of time for a huge return in knowing you have saved an animal’s life. If you are interested in fostering a homeless animal, please fill out the form and someone from our staff will contact you within 2-3 business days.
Planned PEThood would not exist without our passionate and hard-working volunteers. As a non-profit organization, our volunteers enable us to implement the programs that make a difference in our community. If you are interested in volunteering in any of our programs, please fill out the form and someone from our staff will contact you within 2-3 business days.
Donate a Vehicle
Are you looking to get rid of a vehicle? Maybe it’s not running, in need of repairs, or too much of a hassle to list and sell. Planned PEThood accepts cars, vans, trucks, boats with a trailer, and recreational vehicles in our vehicle donation program.
Planned PEThood accepts cars, vans, trucks, boats with a trailer, and recreational vehicles seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- It’s as simple as filling out our online donation form.
- Prefer to speak with a person? Call us at 1-855-527-2232 and one of our friendly operators will assist you.
When calling you must be able to provide: the year, make and model of your vehicle, the condition, the vehicle identification number, and have the title and lien in hand.
We will take care of the rest and arrange a convenient time for free auto towing. Your tax form will be mailed to you as a “Non-Cash Charitable Contributions,” within four to six weeks.
Online Vehicle Donation Form
Please complete this simple online form for the fastest and easiest way to donate your car. It takes only a couple of minutes to complete and your car donation will be processed immediately.
- Once you hit the “Submit” button, you will receive an e-mail notification, normally within hours, providing pickup and processing instructions.
- Our local towing agency will call you within 24 hours to make any towing arrangements before picking up your donated car.
- We value your personal privacy and we will NOT sell, loan, or give your personal information to a third party company except for the sole purpose of processing your car donation.
In order to complete the above, you must have your original car title and, if applicable, lien release. Our towing company will not pick-up the donated vehicle without the title.
Benefits of Donating to Planned PEThood of Georgia
- Free towing whether your vehicle is running or not.
- You can donate your automobile from anywhere in the country.
- Eliminates the hassle of repairing, advertising and selling your car—let our courteous, trained staff handle all the details.
- Potential IRS tax deduction.
- Supports Planned PEThood’s vision of providing services of the highest quality.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
How to Maximize Your Tax Deduction
Car donations made to a charitable nonprofit organization are tax-deductible. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique.
In general, the IRS limits the tax deduction to the gross proceeds from the sale of the car, truck or other vehicle. In short, the minimum a donor can claim is $500 or the gross sale amount received at our auction, whichever is greater and is documented on the IRS Form 1098c and forwarded to you within 30 days of the sale date. Charitable contributions must be itemized on Schedule A of Form 1040 to qualify. If the total deduction claimed on the tax return exceeds $500, Form 8283 “Non-cash Charitable Contributions” must also be completed and attached.
To learn more about what a donors responsibilities are prior to making a car donation, please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303. This file may be read with Adobe Reader.
Planned PEThood of Georgia partners with Melwoods’ Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit agency, to manage and operate our car donation program. Melwood, since 1963, has provided job training and employment for over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.