Planned PEThood accepts cars, vans, trucks, boats with a trailer, and recreational vehicles seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- It’s as simple as filling out our online donation form.
- Prefer to speak with a person? Call us at 1-855-527-2232 and one of our friendly operators will assist you.
When calling you must be able to provide: the year, make and model of your vehicle, the condition, the vehicle identification number, and have the title and lien in hand.
We will take care of the rest and arrange a convenient time for free auto towing. Your tax form will be mailed to you as a “Non-Cash Charitable Contributions,” within four to six weeks.
Online Vehicle Donation Form
Please complete this simple online form for the fastest and easiest way to donate your car. It takes only a couple of minutes to complete and your car donation will be processed immediately.
- Once you hit the “Submit” button, you will receive an e-mail notification, normally within hours, providing pickup and processing instructions.
- Our local towing agency will call you within 24 hours to make any towing arrangements before picking up your donated car.
- We value your personal privacy and we will NOT sell, loan, or give your personal information to a third party company except for the sole purpose of processing your car donation.
In order to complete the above, you must have your original car title and, if applicable, lien release. Our towing company will not pick-up the donated vehicle without the title.
Benefits of Donating to Planned PEThood of Georgia
- Free towing whether your vehicle is running or not.
- You can donate your automobile from anywhere in the country.
- Eliminates the hassle of repairing, advertising and selling your car—let our courteous, trained staff handle all the details.
- Potential IRS tax deduction.
- Supports Planned PEThood’s vision of providing services of the highest quality.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
How to Maximize Your Tax Deduction
Car donations made to a charitable nonprofit organization are tax-deductible. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique.
In general, the IRS limits the tax deduction to the gross proceeds from the sale of the car, truck or other vehicle. In short, the minimum a donor can claim is $500 or the gross sale amount received at our auction, whichever is greater and is documented on the IRS Form 1098c and forwarded to you within 30 days of the sale date. Charitable contributions must be itemized on Schedule A of Form 1040 to qualify. If the total deduction claimed on the tax return exceeds $500, Form 8283 “Non-cash Charitable Contributions” must also be completed and attached.
To learn more about what a donors responsibilities are prior to making a car donation, please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303. This file may be read with Adobe Reader.
Planned PEThood of Georgia partners with Melwoods’ Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit agency, to manage and operate our car donation program. Melwood, since 1963, has provided job training and employment for over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.